Valentines Day had taken me surprise me this year, so unusually nothing was prepared, ordered or purchased.
Rather than rush out and buy anything, a decision was made to have a hand-made Valentines Day, right from the decorations through to the card and meal.
Paper heart decorations, they look great hanging from string in the window.
Hand drawn and painted card. I’m not an artist but i do love a bit of paint, glue and esapecially glitter
A mamouth Lasagne made with lashing of cheese, red wine & a spoonful of Marmite for richness and flavour.
Ingredients enough for 2 people.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 45g Caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Egg yolks
- 20g Plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Chocolate truffles (Lindt Lindor work well)
- In a bowl placed over simmering water melt the butter and chocolate, set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, mix into the melted chocolate. Gently fold in the sifted flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
- Divide the mixture into buttered ramekins that have been coated with cocoa powder. Push a truffle in the centre smoothing the mixture back over.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven set at 210c /190c (fan oven) for 13 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before turning out onto serving plates.
- Serve with crushed Amoretti biscuits and ice cream.
I would love to hear if you try this recipe.
Happy baking x